Ishan Kishan On Rahul Dravid’s “domestic cricket”

It’s been a turbulent couple of weeks for Ishan Kishan On Rahul Dravid’s “domestic cricket”. There are reports of his behavior during his absence leaving Indian team’s management as well as selectors apathetic.

The past few days have been difficult for wicketkeeper-battler Ishan Kishan following his inability to be chosen for Afghanistan T20Is. There have been reports that have surfaced about his behavior during a break, making the Indian team’s management and selectors unsatisfied.

But, the head coach Rahul Dravid stated it clearly that he was not a fan of media reports during the pre-match presser of the the first T20 in Mohali and stating that Ishan demanded the break because of mental fatigue and the team’s management endorsed.

Ishan Kishan might not have played for India at the end the T20I game with Australia in November, but the man has been in the news for a variety of incorrect reasons lately. The reports have surfaced of the wicketkeeper-batter being removed off the Indian team for the current series against Afghanistan because of concerns about discipline and trust.

The head coach Rahul Dravid, however absolutely denied any issue with the discipline of Kishan and said that the player of 25 years requested an absence during his time in South Africa and he is not yet in the squad for selection. Kishan himself been heard amid the whole thing on Friday, with an image he posted on his social media accounts.

While Dravid declared that there had been no issues regarding discipline in Kishan Dravid also said that the wicketkeeper-batter would have to play in domestic cricket in order to be available to be selected. “Absolutely there is no disciplinary problem. Ishan Kishan was not available to be selected. Ishan wanted to take an extended break, which we negotiated in South Africa. We were in favor of the request. He hasn’t yet announced his availability. If he becomes available, he will take part in cricket in the domestic league and be available for selection.” Dravid had told reporters.

Yet, Kishan is yet to declare himself available to play for the state team of Jharkhand. “No, Ishan hasn’t contacted or informed us of his availability. When he does inform us, he’ll step into the XI that plays,” Jharkhand State Cricket Association (JSCA) secretary Debasish Chakraborty told PTI. Ishan’s fears are further exacerbated because of Virat Kohli’s return in the T20I team in the last week. Although Kohli was not available for the opening T20I against Afghanistan because of private reasons, the veteran batsman is expected to return to Indore to play in the next match and could be able to take over the no.3 position in the top batting order. Ishan was batting at no.3 in his previous T20I game against Australia in the month of November 2023. currently, in along with Kohli, Shubman Gill is also in the race for a spot on the first order, with Rohit Sharma as well as Yashasvi Jaiswal selected as the openers to be selected by Rahul Dravid.

Jharkhand does not have any information on Ishan. He resigned from during the South Africa tour mid-way and was not selected to be a part of his participation in T20I game against Afghanistan. According to PTI, Jharkhand State Cricket Association (JSCA) secretary has stated that Kishan hasn’t spoken to anyone about his desire to join the Jharkhand State Cricket Association team. “We do not have any information regarding Kishan. But, he’ll walk right to the Playing XI whenever he tells us to,” Jharkhand State Cricket Association (JSCA) secretary Debasish Chakraborty told the agency. In a statement on Kishan, Dravid said that there was no discipline in place against him as was the media reported. “Ishan Kishan must perform domestic cricket before he can make his return to his Indian team. He’ll have to be available to play in an Ranji Trophy contest before playing for India.” There was a report about how there was a report that BCCI along with selectors had been displeased over the 25-year-old’s partying in the company of MS Dhoni despite taking a break to recover from mental fatigue. His appearance on the most popular quiz shows was not a joke with the BCCI officials.